Hazelnut Espresso Affogato - Collaborative beer of 5 Elementos and Salvador Brewing Co.: Pastry Stout made with Lactose, Coffee and Hazelnut. (Source: Loosely translated from the brewery's advertising material.)
- Beer: Hazelnut Espresso Affogato
- Style: Pastry Stout (30A. Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer - 20C. Imperial Stout with coffee and hazelnut)
- ABV: 12%
- IBU: 80
- Look: black color, turbid, with a medium brown head formation that leaves marks on the glass.
- Aroma: hazelnut notes are really present, being featured in the foreground of this beer. On the background, coffee notes are perceived. Low presence of cinnamon-like notes. As the beer heats on the glass, the combination of aromas brings a cappuccino remembrance.
- Taste: at first, it’s possible to perceive a really strong presence of coffee and roasty notes. On a lower level, complementing the coffee notes, there is an elegant presence of hazelnut notes.
- Mouthfeel: Full body, medium carbonation and a very sweet and long finish.
- Overall: Very good beer, bringing a very elegant hazelnut presence and being even better than the vanilla version.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.