New recipe from the Milkshake series, Summer Edition is a New England IPA that, besides the lactose and apple juice addition that the previous reciped had, it also has mango juice. (Source: Review's author.)
- Beer: Milkshake Summer Edition
- Style: Milkshake IPA (21B. Specialty IPA - Session-strength New England IPA with lactose)
- ABV: 4.7%
- IBU: N/A
- Look: golden color, turbid, with a good, low retention white head formation.
- Aroma: sweet, fruity aroma, reminding of mango, mainly. There is also a candy-like sweetness. Low herbal notes can be perceived as well.
- Taste: on its taste, the hops can be perceived in a higher level than what’s present on the aroma, bringing herbal notes. Nonetheless, there is a strong fruity presence, reminding of mango. The alcohol can be perceived in a low level.
- Mouthfeel: medium-high body, medium carbonation and a dry and short finish. Velvety.
- Overall: Good Milkshake IPA. Milk-like body in a mango juice.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.