Dogma Viking Punch is an Imperial IPA which uses Galaxy, Mosaic and Amarillo hops along with an absurd amount of oats which brings a spectacular creaminess to the beer body. (Source: Loosely translated from the brewery's advertising material.)
- Beer: Viking Punch
- Style: Double IPA (22A. Double IPA)
- ABV: 7.7%
- IBU: N/A
- Look: golden color, clear, with a great white head formation that leaves marks on the glass.
- Aroma: yellow fruits notes can be perceived, mainly pineapple and peach. Herbal notes, in a lower level, can also be perceived;
- Taste: pineapple notes are more present on its taste, but there is some peach remembrance as well. Herbal notes are perceived as a secondary note. Alcohol notes are perceptible, but blend well with the rest of the taste profile of this beer. However, there’s a little of alcohol warming;
- Mouthfeel: Medium-high body, medium-high carbonation and a dry and long finish.
- Overall: Really good Double IPA. Fruity, but with some alcohol punch.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.