The iconic Petroleum with a generous shot of Chipotle pepper! For those who really love pepper and Petroleum. (Source: Loosely translated from the beer's label.)
- Beer: Petroleum Chipotle
- Style: Imperial Stout (30A. Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer - 20C. Imperial Stout with Chipotle pepper)
- ABV: 12.6%
- IBU: 96
- Look: black color, turbid, with a medium brown head formation that leaves marks on the glass;
- Aroma: sweet, bringing chocolate notes, mainly, but also wood notes. There is a nutty aroma as well, hazelnut-like. Light toasty notes are also present.
- Taste: there is a roasty note presence along with chocolate notes in the foreground. Also, alcohol notes are present in a low level, along with a low pepper presence, both appearing on the taste and by warming up a little. The end of the sip brings some toastiness, along with a light burning on the throat.
- Mouthfeel: robust body, medium carbonation and a sweet and long finish;
- Overall: Very good Petroleum version. Has chipotle addition in the right amount, which complemented the work as a whole.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.