Época Bella is the first beer of El Trago Cervejaria and was created in partnership with the gaúchos 1 from Cervejaria Narcose. The chosen style for this first recipe was Grisette, a classic belgian style that is not yet widely known in Brazil. Top fermented beer, with low ABV, Época Bella is light-colored and has a round body due to the addition of oat and wheat and has a dry finish. (Source: Loosely translated from the brewery's advertising material.)
- Beer: Época Bella
- Style: Grisette (25B. Saison - Pale Table)
- ABV: 3.9%
- IBU: 20
- Look: yellow color, turbid, with a good white, creamy head formation that leaves marks on the glass;
- Aroma: light presence of phenolic notes, reminding of clove. Very light herbal presence, as well as a very low wheat presence;
- Taste: malty, grainy notes appears in the moment that you sip the beer. As the sip slushes around the mouth, the bitterness appears, being assertive and median. Some hop notes also are present, bringing reminiscence of herbal and fruit notes (lime, mainly). The ending leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.
- Mouthfeel: Light body, medium carbonation and a dry and long finish;
- Overall: Good Grisette. It’s really nice to see the breweries trying to bring back these old styles.
A native of Rio Grande do Sul, state located in the south of Brazil. ↩