Big Chief or Gen. Douglas MacArthur was considered one of the greatest military commanders of the 20th Century and one of the greatest north american military of all time. (Source: Loosely translated from the beer's label.)
- Beer: Big Chief
- Style: Double New England IPA (21A. American IPA)
- ABV: 6.9%
- IBU: 59
- Look: golden color, transparent, with a great white head formation that leaves marks on the glass;
- Aroma: its aroma is a mix of fruity and herbal aromas, reminding of orange, mainly, but also pineapple. On the background, pine notes are noticeable.
- Taste: its taste is more on the fruity side, reminding orange and pineapple. Piney notes are present, along with minor herbal notes.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-high body, medium-high carbonation and a dry but long finish.
- Overall: Great IPA. A beer that is simpler than other Salvador beers, but that is really well executed. High drinkability, to be drunk all night long.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.