We take seriously our fun way of making the Hop It Up! We decided to add beer on the hops and the result was this New England IPA with Columbus, Mosaic, Amarillo and Citra. (Source: Loosely translated from the beer's label.)
- Beer: Hop It Up
- Style: New England IPA (21B. Specialty IPA: New England IPA)
- ABV: 7.4%
- IBU: 55
- Look: orange color, turbid, with a great, fluffy white head formation that leaves marks on the glass;
- Aroma: fruity, bringing mango and orange notes. But also, sharing the sensorial attention with the fruitiness, there is a remarkable presence of herbal and floral notes. Light resinous aroma is present as well;e
- Taste: on the palate, the herbal and floral notes that were present on the aroma are even more present, but the orange-like fruitiness is still pleasant, making a pleasant mix. The bitterness is on a medium level, without harshness.
- Mouthfeel: Medium-high body, dry and short finish, with medium carbonation;
- Overall: I really liked this NE IPA because it showcases old school IPA hops along with the fruity, new ones in a pleasant mix. Great beer.
This beer review was made by somebody which is studying every day to be a better beer drinker but, despite that, isn't a specialist or a beer sommelier. In advance, pardon for any gaffe. If you have any corrections or suggestions, please mail me.