- Life is tough - Great text about tardigrades and
- Zealandia: The Lost Continent That Sank Beneath New Zealand -
Article about Zealandia, the continent that never was.
- Was E-mail a Mistake? - Nice text on the power of
synchronized communication, and why it shouldn’t be completely avoided.
- The Vegetarians Who Turned Into Butchers -
Interesting report of vegans and vegetarians that
discovered that selling meat is their vocation.
- NASA’s idea for making food from thin air just became a reality — it could feed billions -
Nice article about “Solein”, a protein powder that
is similar in form and taste to wheat flour and that can be extracted
from thin air.
- Chinese Characters Are Futuristic and the Alphabet Is Old News -
Interesting text on how chinese characters are
inputted on devices can give us a glimpse of how the world will type
characters in the future.
- The Sheldon Conjecture - Interesting article
about the “Sheldon prime”.
- 43 Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes Even Smart People Make -
Interesting compendium of common
English language mistakes.
- I’ve been studying logos for decades. Here’s what changed this year -
Great article showing 2019’s logo visual trends.
- 21 Rhetorical Devices Explained - This article
gives names to some rethorical devices that we are used to use.
- The Torturous History of the Treadmill -
Great article about the history of the treadmill.
- The Sinkhole that saved the Internet - A very interesting
Tech Crunch text about how buying a domain may
have prevented a catastrophic WannaCry outbreak.
- How Hash Algorithms Work -
A very thorough walkthrough explaining how a
hash algorithm works.
- Make Driving Dangerous Again - A fun text
on why making driving dangerous would make our roads safer.
- It’s possible to build a Turing machine within Magic: The Gathering -
Ars Technica’s article about an article that states that
Magic: The Gathering is Turing Complete.
- Track This Link - Very interesting Mozilla site
that tries to tackle on the web tracking issue that we all have to live with daily.
- User Inyerface - An unnerving site that explores
all the common user interaction and design pattern issues that are found
on the web.
- Why We Forget Most of the Books We Read -
Interesting text on why we forget what we read.
- The Definitive Study on How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs -
Great experiment on what’s the best method to
make hard-boiled eggs.
- Honey bees zero in on the empty set -
Science’s article on how bees appear to understand the
concept of zero.
- The next big thing in fashion? Not washing your clothes -
Not washing your clothes seems gross, but not if you are using one of
these travel clothes.
- The Hiding Place: Inside the World’s First Long-Term Storage Facility for Highly Radioactive Nuclear Waste -
This Pacific Standard artcile brings an
excerpt from Robert Macfarlane’s new book Underland, showing what it’s being
done about the nuclear waste that we produce.
- Watch a Moth Suck the Tears Out of a Bird’s Eye, Because Nature Is Metal -
Nature can be weird sometimes, as shown on
Live Science’s article.
- How HTTPS Works - Great site that explains in a
really simple and fun way how HTTPS works.