- If the moon were 1 pixel: a tediously accurate scale model of the Solar System -
Great visual representation of the Solar Space, and
all the empty space on it.
- What happens to your body when you die in space -
This text speaks about all the scientific and ethical
dilemmas that dying in space creates.
- Why you shouldn’t exercise to lose weight, explained with 60+ studies -
Interesting text about the relation of exercise and weight loss.
- How do people learn to cook a poisonous plant safely? -
Short text that explains how we learn by trial and
error, and by copying others.
- 184 MPH on a Bicycle - Great video that narrates how
the world record in a bicycle was broken.
- Many of us have a little bit of hoarder inside us — here’s what to do -
Short text with interesting thoughts about the hoarder that
is inside us
- Why Ever Stop Playing Video Games - Long read
about how video games have replaced work hours for many people, and the
side effects of this behavior.
- Why food memories are so powerful -
Great personal report of how food memories can bridge
the mental gaps of our past memories
- The untold story of the vegetable peeler that changed the world -
Interesting story about the OXO Swivel, a vegetable
peeler from the 20th century that is praised to this day.
- Inside a Top-Secret Factory Where Scent Is Made -
Interesting text about how a Scent Factory works.
- The Tunnel of Samos - Great paper about The
Tunnel of Samos, one of the greatest engineering achievements of ancient times.
- The Dream of Open Borders Is Real—in the High Arctic -
Great long read about Svalbard, the land with open borders.
- Life is tough - Great text about tardigrades and
- Zealandia: The Lost Continent That Sank Beneath New Zealand -
Article about Zealandia, the continent that never was.
- Was E-mail a Mistake? - Nice text on the power of
synchronized communication, and why it shouldn’t be completely avoided.
- The Vegetarians Who Turned Into Butchers -
Interesting report of vegans and vegetarians that
discovered that selling meat is their vocation.
- NASA’s idea for making food from thin air just became a reality — it could feed billions -
Nice article about “Solein”, a protein powder that
is similar in form and taste to wheat flour and that can be extracted
from thin air.
- Chinese Characters Are Futuristic and the Alphabet Is Old News -
Interesting text on how chinese characters are
inputted on devices can give us a glimpse of how the world will type
characters in the future.
- The Sheldon Conjecture - Interesting article
about the “Sheldon prime”.
- 43 Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes Even Smart People Make -
Interesting compendium of common
English language mistakes.
- I’ve been studying logos for decades. Here’s what changed this year -
Great article showing 2019’s logo visual trends.
- 21 Rhetorical Devices Explained - This article
gives names to some rethorical devices that we are used to use.
- The Torturous History of the Treadmill -
Great article about the history of the treadmill.